Tuesday, January 12, 2010

NYC on the LateNight

Last Night (this morning) I found myself in the club Quo (28th and 10th Ave). A cute spot but the dirtiest bathrooms I've ever seen in my life, HANDS DOWN! I hit the bar immediately because the drinks I had earlier were fading fast and I wanted to "stay on the 53rd floor." The bartender comes over, takes my order then proceeds to mix one of the worst drink I've had in a long time. I could tell by the way he nervously tipped the bottle over the glass like he was afraid to pour too much Iiquor which led me to believe the drink would to be worthless. I took a sip and my assumptions were confirmed. The drink was so weak it wouldn't give a infant fetal alcohol syndrome even if you served it to him straight.
So I say to the bartender "I can't taste anything." Then he proceeds to inform me that he could make the drink stronger IF I gave him a tip.  Tip? TIP? First of all, a tip is courtesy from me to you. It's a way to say "thank you for your consideration and going beyond the call of duty. For example, a cab driver getting you to your destination in a timely fashion despite heavy traffic, a bellhop taking your heavy luggage to your room despite the fact elevators are out or a messenger waiting 20 extra minutes while you package up what you want him to deliver. If you're doing your job regular then what you're getting paid covers that. You get tipped when you do your job great just because you showed up to work. That's your job asshole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers